Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No Team Rogue for a While

Team Rogue has started without me. It’s okay. I’m just plain burnt. I’m not going to improve as a runner unless I commit to doing some real core strengthening and overall flexibility work. So, that’s the plan. As soon as Angel is recovered I’ll focus on core work and yoga and stay engaged with Rogue by going to the Monday night classes. I have a nice setup at work that allows me to do a little bit of stretching during the day, and I’ll take advantage of it.

Ken is planning to run Boston. I’m not. I had promised the Dan-O that if he qualified I’d run with him. But I’m backing out and I feel pretty rotten about it. He’s being a good sport about it and it feels like a huge weight lifted off me to know that, after Austin, I’m off the hook for a while. I’ll feel completely off the hook if Adam qualifies at Austin. That way the Dan-O will have a runnin’ buddy for sure, although the Dan-O is never at a loss for runnin’ buddies so I don’t know why I’d be so concerned!

2 comments:

MW said...

I still have 85$$$ for you

jp said...

Hey Kate -

Sorry to hear about the dog and the Rogue training. Hopefully everything will go okay with your pooch. I know it is hard as I am dealing with an aging dog myself (14 year old lab). Hang in there. Get strong so that we can see you back on the road again. Take care.

breakfast john