Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Away for a Few Days

I just got back from a visit to the family in MA. I gave Ken a pass on this visit to spare him from any family drama. I should have brought him. Folks would have been on their better behavior for him.

I got two lovely runs in. One was an out-and-back 12-miler on the Cape Cod Rail Trail between Dennis and Brewster. It’s asphalt-paved, mostly shaded, straight, and very level. It passes by ponds and several cranberry bogs. It’s marked every half mile. My sister rode her bike along with me. She was a great Sherpa, carrying water along in her bike bag.

The following day we went up to the Cape Cod Canal trail. There are asphalt-paved trails on either side of the canal for foot and bicycle recreation. Like the rail trail, the canal trail is straight and flat. My sister was my patient Sherpa again. It was a beautiful day. The water in the canal was a beautiful blue and there was a lot of boat traffic – mostly sailboats. The air had that great salty smell to it. It was about 72 degrees at mid-day with a steady gentle tailwind for the seven miles heading out that turned into a delightful breeze heading back.

It was nice to get out of the heat for a few days but I was very glad to get home!

1 comment:

Ken said...

And the home coming was, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm good!

Can I say that here?